It’s that time of year when you may be noticing amphibian spawn in your garden pond. But how do you recognise which species of amphibians are visiting your garden?
Here’s a list of the British Amphibians you may encounter;
- Common Frog – Rana temporaria
- Pool Frog – Pelophylax lessonae
- Common Toad – Bufo bufo
- Natterjack Toad – Epidalea calamita
- Great Crested Newt – Triturus cristatus
- Smooth Newt – Lissotriton vulgaris
- Palmate Newt – Lissotriton helveticus
I found this excellent video online by Eco Sapien that will help you identify all of the above.
But, if you want us to help you ID any British amphibians, please post a photo to our Facebook page.